With more rain expected this week, locals are being reminded of the risks associated with foraging wild mushrooms.
Wild mushrooms, including the poisonous Death Cap mushrooms, thrive in cold conditions, appearing in backyards, paddocks and nature reserves.
There have been 12 mushroom related calls to the Poisons Information Centre this year, half of them involving kids aged under 5.
Public Health Physician, Dr. Kate Murton, said their strong advice is do not eat wild mushrooms and if you suspect someone you know has eaten a wild mushroom, call the centre on 13 11 26.
Seek veterinary attention immediately if you believe your pet has eaten wild mushrooms.